Thursday, August 5, 2010
Question #3
I found the information in chapter two that dealt with the different types of perspectives pretty interesting. The Psychological Perspective is probably my favorite because it seems to have the most answers in regard to improving faulty communication. I find one of the most fascinating parts of studying communication breaking down the different meaning of the same things to different individuals. It can sometimes feel overwhelming how differently people perceive the exact same message or situation. The part about the Psychological Perspective that mentions how the senders and receivers can consider the opposite’s point of view to communicate better. I also like how the books advises doing things to check your understanding like asking questions and improving listening skills. Being able to anticipate arguments seems like a great way to improve communication and diffuse arguments. The information on the Psychological Perspective is definitely what I will use in the future to help to make myself a better communicator.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
The Psychological Perspective is a valid and great topic to write about. I too find it amazing how many interpretations people can get from the same message. I always think of the telephone game where u say one sentence to one person and then whisper it throughout the chain of about12 people. The message is never exactly how it started. Being able to understand how one sends and receives a message will be a great help to faulty communication. Many issues and conflicts can be avoided by studying the psychological perspective. There are so many different angles to communication it is truly remarkable. Great concept to choose!
ReplyDelete