Monday, July 26, 2010
Question 1
The research methods that most interest me from table 13.3 are Content Analysis and Experimental Research. Being a former student of statistics, I find that these methods have less room for error because they involve facts (like counting the number of violent acts on a prime time television show), or are more controlled. While no research is fool proof, at least these methods make it more difficult for researchers to impose their own opinion on the results. A research question I would be interested in answering in regard to deception is “Which gender is on average more deceptive, men or women?” I would use mixed methods to research this question. While I could use Content Analysis to directly count each overt lie, I would use Survey Research and Experimental research to measure the amount of deception that takes place that doesn’t involve a direct lie. This might help me determine the other factors involved with deception like withholding information.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment