Saturday, July 24, 2010

Question #3

I really enjoyed chapter eight because it actually provides information that is applicable immediately after graduating. While many of the things I have learned at San Jose State are interesting and of value, I often find that I struggle understanding how it will help me in the “real world” or in obtaining and maintaining a career. The section on increasing organizational skills was great because it points out all the little things you can do better to interview well, create a flawless resume, and follow up to help get the job you are after. The other part of that section that make it more relevant to my life than most things I learn in school is the information on how to handle the social situations that may arise with a job. I cannot tell you how many times I have been asked inappropriate questions in interviews and felt stumped as to how to answer.

1 comment:

  1. I can really understand what you are talking about in this post because I feel that way with most of my classes. At times I question how this will apply for me in "real" life. I also thought that the concepts from chapter 8 were helpful because they are concepts that we will need once we leave school. i have been at the same job for almost 7 years now so the idea of having a real interview for another job makes me nervous. I appreciate that this class makes us talk about the concepts and to apply them. I just wish more classes could be as beneficial.

    ReplyDelete